Set Your Future IN MOTION
Manitou is purposefully committed to you, its people. We continue to elevate our success based on a “One United Team” focus that enables our purpose-driven and agile work environment. We pride ourselves in fostering a work-life balance that allows flexibility in people's day-to-day lives. In an era when talent is in-demand, you will find an unwavering commitment to your personal and professional growth.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
As a worldwide leader in handling, access platforms and earthmoving equipment, Manitou Group’s mission is to improve working conditions, safety and performance throughout the world, while preserving people and their environment. We design, manufacture, distribute and service products and solutions for the material handling, access equipment and compact earthmoving activities that work smarter, safer and reliably while delivering value to our customers. Our high-profile brands include Manitou and Gehl, and we are proud of our network of 1,050 dealers throughout the world. With sales in 140 countries, our team of 4,500 people are committed to delivering exceptional customer satisfaction. We operate in more than 30 global locations to ensure proximity to our customers and services tailored to their needs.
Manitou continues on the forefront of innovation driving the green transition while also streamlining our operations guided by our customer-centric “New Horizons” roadmap. We are committed to providing safety and unique customer experiences worldwide. In sharing the same mission and values, our workforce remains engaged and passionate about what we manufacture and services we provide.
This internship role is an opportunity for a self-driven individual to utilize his or her analytical skills to deliver timely and relevant sales, inventory, and operations planning reports. The chosen candidate will report directly to, and work with the Materials Manager on specific assignments related to the Purchasing / Procurement career field.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures product is delivered on time, meets quality standards, and at the right cost.
- May perform delivery assurance responsibilities.
- Works with buyers in activities associated with purchasing goods, materials, supplies, and services.
- Initiate routine documentation and transactions for procurement of goods and services in accordance with approved procedures and management direction.
- Compiles records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories, analyzes data and ensures account needs are met.
- Review purchase requisitions against the master production schedule to validate demand.
- Create P.O. in accordance with requisitions and contractual requirements.
- Assist the Supplier Performance evaluation process by working directly with suppliers regarding OTD of all purchase orders.
- Interface with Supplier Quality personnel to ensure supplier performance of purchased parts.
- Conduct required correspondences with vendors, in order to expedite deliveries, monitor status of vendor activities, effect cancellations, and change purchase orders.
- Develop and prepare reports on a periodic and “as needed” basis to reflect the status of and performance level of purchasing activities, vendor progress, and other assigned activities.
- Perform on-going analysis of purchasing procedures to simplify operations of purchasing and suppliers.
- Assist management and the buyers in processing obsolete parts and inventory.
- Assist buyers on “special projects” as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Independent self-started who can manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and quick learner with an open mind to new challenges.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel abilities are required, including V-lookups, pivot tables, conditional formatting, IF statements, charts & graph creation. Access skills are a plus.
- Ability to analyze data utilizing Excel and provide timely and accurate reporting.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Economics, or Operations Management from an accredited college or university.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONNECTIONS:
- Internal communication with operations and supply chain.
- External communication with suppliers and vendors.
LOCALIZATION AND TRAVEL EXPECTED:
- This position is located in Madison, SD.
- Travel is not required for this position.