Institutional Research Analyst
Dakota State University is currently accepting applications for an Institutional Research Analyst in the Office of Institutional Research (IR). This position collects and provides data on student success to help the university make decisions that improve students’ outcomes. The position will design, develop, and interpret institutional reports, as well as be responsible for coordinating and submitting institutional surveys, standardized surveys, and external data requests.
- Develop reports utilizing current and new data to evaluate progress toward university goals.
- Compile, analyze, and edit data from a variety of sources.
- Serve as a liaison between the Office of Institutional Research and DSU faculty and staff to determine data and survey needs.
- Develop and test online surveys following best practices and user’s specifications.
- Coordinate collection of data for surveys.
- Ensure that accurate and timely information is provided to the survey vendors.
- Conduct on-going best practice research to evaluate projects/programs.
- Work with DSU faculty and staff to interpret institutional research reports and prepare summaries for campus committees.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated spreadsheet, word processing, database software skills, and internet research skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflows.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, information systems, business, math, computer science, social science, or a related field.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Experience with data visualization tools.
- Familiar with higher education.
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques as it relates to higher education.
- Knowledge of SAS, SQL, and/or Cognos.
DSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter, resume and supporting references, including email addresses and telephone numbers of at least three references.
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.