When you join the Valiant Living team, you work for a company that cares. Our maintenance people get to contribute to our mission: working to empower people to live the full life everyone so richly deserves through employment training, independent and supported living, and other services.
Working at Valiant Living not only fills your heart, it supports your desire to work with people who care. You will enjoy contributing to an awesome group of people in their home, out in the community, and at day services. This is a career that lets you know you are important every day you work.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Maintenance worker will engage in maintaining and repairing structures of buildings and maintaining grounds, painting, performing structural repairs, masonry, woodwork, mowing lawns, snow removal, cleaning duties, maintaining vehicles, assisting with moving furniture, etc. according to health and safety guidelines.
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
- Minimum of 18 years of age with a High School diploma or equivalency.
- Valid Driver license and must be insurable by the agency insurance carrier.
- Able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to do basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Able to function as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Acceptable Background Checks as defined by regulations and policies.
- Negative drug test.
- Punctual and prompt attendance.
- Occasionally lifting and/or moving more than 100 pounds.
- Regularly exposed to cold, wet and humid weather conditions and may work extended hours outdoors.
- Frequent exposure to various types of tools and equipment, some with moving mechanical parts.
Please go to www.valiantliving.org to submit an application.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.75 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Work Location: Multiple Locations