Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professionals are responsible to provide services and support for adults with developmental disabilities in their home setting. For hours worked on weekends, the pay is a time and a half! Paid training during weekdays will be paid at a rate of $18 - $19/hr. depending on experience and education. Rotations include every other weekend, and various shifts/hour totals.
Valiant Living seeks FT/PT Overnight Awake DSP and FT/PT DSP.
Hourly wage depends on experience and/or education. Full time positions may qualify for Paid Vacation/Sick Leave, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurances, plus a 401k Retirement Plan.
2-week rotations include every other weekend. Evenings are included in the regular rotations.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide services and supports for adults with developmental disabilities in their home setting. Responsibilities include implementing programs as determined by the person’s planning team, attending to health and medical needs, following general and specific behavior management practices, meal preparation, completing preventive maintenance/cleaning duties/laundry, and maintaining accurate records of services provided.
REPORTS TO: Direct Support Supervisor
- Work experience in the field of developmental disabilities preferred.
- Education in human services, education or closely related field preferred. HS diploma/GED required
- Able to exercise sound judgment in an emergency situation.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to function as part of a team.
- Able to lift at least 50 or 60 lbs. depending on area of work.
- Successful completion of online coursework provided.
- Able to achieve certification in CPR and First Aid, and medication administration, and Safety Care.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
Please go to www.valiantliving.org to fill out an application.