LEADING THE WAY: Plastic products are found everywhere in our homes, vehicles, and the products we buy. We invite you to join our team and learn about this innovative industry that has changed our world. Along the way you will have opportunities to develop your talents and advance within the organization with the support of our team and exceptional training programs.
In this position you will set-up and operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical control CNC machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements. Plans sequence of operations, visualizing shape of mold in reverse of product.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Identifies machining specifications to set up and operate machines such as numerical EDM, CNC mill, lathe, manual mills, surface grinders, band saws, etc. Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, and EDMs.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Completes preventative maintenance on molds and components as needed.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete mold assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Grinds, files, and sands parts to fit parts for assembly and to polish smooth and finish cavities.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, molds and equipment, and tests operation of the unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Operates metal welding equipment to rebuild or fabricate parts.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketches of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with production personnel, supervisor, or other toolmakers to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Performs all toolmaker tasks with lowest cost and scrap as well as highest efficiency and accuracy.
- Works cooperatively with Production and Maintenance personnel in troubleshooting manufacturing problems.
- Investigates issues at the press and works with team approach to develop tooling plans.
- Participates in ordering supplies and other materials.
- Manages vendors when outsourced work is required for specific projects.
- Develop and adhere to project timelines and give periodic reports.
Established in 1975, Falcon Plastics has over 45 years of expertise in molding customer ideas into a wide variety of products used every day, by people all over the world! Our corporate headquarters is located in Brookings, SD and we have manufacturing facilities in Brookings, SD, Madison, SD, Lexington, TN, Tigard, OR and Suzhou, China.
As a family owned business we take steps to make sure are teams is taken care of with a robust benefit package. Benefits include: affordable medical, dental, vision, PTO, profit sharing, 401k, tuition reimbursement, wellness program, disability insurance and more!
We would love to speak with you about your experience and career goals. Contact our HR team today!
Education and/or Experience: One or two year Certificate from college or technical school and 1 - 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.