We are hiring for a part-time Custodian with our Madison, SD team!
In this role, you will assist our maintenance personnel in repairing, cleaning and general upkeep of our Madison, SD facility.
Some examples include:
- Performs painting, sweeping, mopping, sanitizing, washing, patching, drywall, plastering walls and changing light bulbs.
- Assist with fixing or repairing items as requested.
- Keeps front office area cleaned by sweeping, vacuum rugs and mopping.
- Keeps bathroom supplies stocked in the restrooms and empties sanitary disposals on a daily basis.
- Keeps bathroom floor free of detergent buildup. Washes bathroom floor on a daily basis.
- Keeps toilets and urinals sanitized by thoroughly wiping down all surfaces with an appropriate cleaner & drying the surface on a daily basis.
- Keeps bathroom stall handles and bathroom door handles sanitized on a daily basis.
- Keeps bathroom sinks & faucet fixtures free of lime & grime buildup by using an appropriate cleaner & drying the surfaces on a daily basis.
- Keeps the bathroom mirrors spot free using a window cleaner on a daily basis.
- Sanitizes walls around urinal and toilet areas on a daily basis.
- Removes trash and old papers from the break room on a daily basis.
- Sweeps and mops employee break room daily.
- Keeps breakrooms sink shiny and free of hard water buildup.
- Sanitizes breakroom countertop on a daily basis.
- Washes microwaves daily, inside & out.
- Keeps all water fountains sanitized & free of bacteria and hard water buildup on a daily basis.
- Keeps area outside the employee entrance free of debris, including shoveling of walkways as needed.
- Empties trash and cigarette disposal in employee entrance area on a daily basis.
- Dumps trash in all offices on a daily basis.
- Wash windows in front entry and employee entry weekly. Wash windows in entire building when necessary.
- Pick up trash around buildings and in parking lots as needed.
- Notifies appropriate personnel when supplies/equipment are needed.
- Cleans productions floors by sweeping or using scrubber and wipes downs presses as time allows.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or GED preferred; No prior experience or training required
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills are required for this position.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; (oils, anti-freeze, etc.); outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.