Mental Health Outpatient Therapist
JOB TITLE: Outpatient Therapist
REPORTS TO: CLINICAL SUPERVISOR
FLSA STATUS: NONEXEMPT
The Community Counseling Services Outpatient Program is an intensive and comprehensive, individualized system of care that delivers mental health services to members of our community. These services shall be provided to these individuals within the least restrictive, most normative environment that is clinically appropriate, and in a manner that is sensitive and responsive to their cultural differences and special needs. These individuals will be full participants in all aspects of the evaluation, planning, and delivery of services, which shall be integrated with all involved service agencies and programs. The Therapist will access and coordinate services on behalf of those clients they are working with.
Community Counseling Services expects employees to be welcoming to consumers, including those with co-occurring disorders, and engaging them at their current stage of recovery. Services provided will be in accordance with the plans and guidelines as established by Community Counseling Services and the State Division of Behavioral Health. Portray and encourage civility to all clients, customers, employees, community partners and vendors.
Education and Experience
Therapist, at a minimum will possess a Master’s Degree in a Human Services field and must hold or be able to obtain LPC, LPC-MH, CSW, or psychologist licensure within their respective fields. If licensed, maintain licensure status. Current QMHP status is preferred, but will be willing to work to obtain QMHP if currently licensed.
Certificates, licenses, registrations
- LPC, LPC-MH or CSW, psychologist licensure within their respective fields Valid South Dakota Driver’s license
- Driver’s license
- Must not be excluded from participating in Medicare, Medicaid, and any Federal health care program, as provided by the OIG, USDHHS.
- Skills, knowledge, and/or experience that demonstrates an ability to deal appropriately and in a caring manner with individuals with severe and persistent illnesses.
- Basic knowledge regarding developmental stages and needs of children.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- A strong commitment to working as an integral part of a team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one and be willing to transport consumers.
Supervisory – as needed for mentoring and licensure candidates