JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Business Office Coordinator
An effective administrative assistant will provide top notch, compassionate, friendly, confidential and efficient administrative services to consumers and staff.
Community Counseling Services expects employees to be welcoming to consumers, including those with co-occurring disorders, and engaging consumers at their current stage of recovery. Services provided will be in accordance with the plans and guidelines as established by Community Counseling Services and the State Division of Behavioral Health. Portray and encourage civility to all clients, customers, employees, community partners and vendors.
Education and Experience
Minimum of High School diploma, 2 plus years administrative, secretarial, transcriptionist or customer service experience a plus.
Certificates, licenses, registrations
- Valid South Dakota Driver’s license
- Must not be excluded from participating in Medicare, Medicaid, and any Federal health care program, as provided by the OIG, USDHHS.
Supervisory Responsibilities none
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/CRITICAL JOB ELEMENTS
- Answer telephone, and give information to callers, direct calls to
- appropriate personnel
- Greeting clients and visitors
- Maintain confidentiality regarding privileged administrative and client information in a professional manner
- Schedule appointments
- Backup to other transcriptionists
- Preparing necessary paperwork for doctor days
- Petty cash management
- Sending/Receiving Medical Records for Madison, backup for other locations
- Enter data for new and reopened clients, update paperwork, client photos
- Type, Copy and Scan documents as needed.
- Mailings, including doctor appointment letters, other correspondence,
- Prepare outgoing mail, distribute incoming mail
- Record and retrieve voicemail messages for afterhours
- Taking and recording payments
- Assist with communication with maintenance
- Perform opening/closing procedures and unlock/lock offices at end of shift, as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Work hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm (typically at least two nights per week until 6 pm), Fri 8am-4pm